SECTION 1: DEFINITIONS
For this Policy:
“Personal Data” means any information about an individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly, from the data, or from that data or other sources of information that we have or are likely to have access to.
“Process”, “processed” and “processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on the Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organizing, structuring, storage, alteration, retrieval, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
SECTION 2: SCOPE OF POLICY
This Policy applies to all Personal Data processed by SECC through websites and recording devices owned and operated by The Company and exhibitions/events held at the venue (“Platforms”).
SECTION 3: PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Types of personal data we collect about you and process (or have a service provider process on our behalf) may include:
- Account login information (e.g., username, password).
- Personal contact (e.g., personal name, telephone, email, residential address, gender, date of birth).
- Advanced personal information (e.g., educational, employment, and professional background).
- Payment data (e.g., credit/debit/bank card details, bank details for booking).
- Vehicle details (e.g., vehicle number and model).
- Communication and Correspondence.
- Business information (e.g., company name, address, telephone, email address).
- Photos and video footages (e.g., CCTV recording of individuals and employees).
- Usage data (e.g., websites visited, preferred contents, access time).
- Meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP address, operating system, browser type, the language your system uses, time zone where your device is located).
SECTION 4: HOW YOUR DATA IS COLLECTED
Your data may be collected through the following ways:
- Online Registration/Contact Forms on our websites.
- Direct correspondence by post, phone, email, or in-person.
- Subscribing or Following us through social media channels.
- Booking of spaces/services or Registration for partnership on our digital platforms, social media channel, letters, calls, emails, in-person.
- Participation in a survey organized by the Company.
- Cars, trucks registration at loading bay checkpoints within the Company.
- Submission for resume or participation in interviews for employment with SECC.
- Recording of your image through the use of CCTV or other surveillance devices on our premises.
- Automated means such as cookies, web server logs, and other similar technologies. Information collected may include your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses, and the country and time zone where your device is located.
SECTION 5: COOKIES
- Security: To authenticate users, prevent fraudulent usage of our Platforms, and protect your data.
- Enhancing user experience: By storing your preferences and personalizing your experience when using our online services through our Platforms.
- Improve the functionality of our websites: by gathering statistical data on our webpage traffic through cookies and gain insights on how to improve the design and functionality of our websites.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers allow controls of cookies through your browser setting. As each browser is different, please refer to ‘help’ menu on your browser to learn how to manage cookies. If you choose to disable all cookies, we do not guarantee the performance of our websites as some features may not work correctly.
SECTION 6: THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Depending on your relationship with SECC (Organizers, Official Contractors, Employee, etc.) the personal data which we collected from you may be processed for the following purposes:
- Verification of your identity.
- Providing customer services and respond to requests, queries, applications, complaints, and feedback.
- Obtaining opinions, comments, feedback to help us develop and improve our products and services.
- Detecting, preventing security and technical issues for crime prevention to ensure safety for our employees and visitors.
- Developing data statistical or demographic analysis.
- Offering suggestions on events or services based on user preferences and habits.
- Providing updates on information such as policies, terms and conditions, etc.
- Evaluating applications to be an employee with us.
SECTION 7: DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- When it required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you.
- When it supported for maintenance purposes by our IT service providers.
- When necessary or required by law, personal information (including CCTV footage) may be shared with authorities.
SECTION 8: CONSENT
- Obtaining consent: If we collect personal data from you, we will first notify you of the purposes for which we are collecting it to obtain your consent. However, when you voluntarily provide personal data to us, and it is reasonable for you to do so, we may rely on your deemed consent to collect, use, and disclose the personal data for specific purposes.
- Withdrawal of consent: You may withdraw that consent at any time by giving us at least 5 business days of advance notice. Your request can take the form of an email or letter to the contact details set out in SECTION 11 of this policy. However, your withdrawal of consent may cause difficulty to access the website information or unable to receive updates from SECC.
- Access and Correction: If you would like to access, correct, or update your personal data that you previously provided to us, please send a request by email or by writing to the contact details in SECTION 11 of this policy. In your request, please specify what personal data you would like to change. When making such a request, we may need to verify your identity – for example, by checking your ID number or other legal identification documents. We will respond to your request within 30 days after receiving your request.
SECTION 9: KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
- Accuracy of your personal data: We may do some verification exercises for you from time to time to update on any changes to the personal data we hold to ensure accuracy.
- Protection of personal data: We take appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, copy, modification or similar risks. We will only share your data with an authorized person on a “need to know” basis, please review SECTION 7 for more information.
- Retention of personal data: We will stop retaining your personal data if the purpose of collecting data has ceased and/or when we are no longer need to retain your data for any business purposes.
SECTION 10: CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
SECTION 11: CONTACT US
Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center
799 Nguyen Van Linh Parkway, Tan Phu Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 700000.